Privacy Statement Version December 2021
We understand that your trust in us is the most important asset of “Meyland NV” (hereinafter referred to as “Meyland“, “we” or “us”). Therefore, your trust is of essential importance to us.
The present privacy statement (hereinafter referred to as “Privacy Statement“) applies inter alia to (i) our website https://www.meyland.be (hereinafter referred to as the “Website“) and (ii) all (commercial) relations between Meyland and its customers, prospects and business partners, (iii) each visit to our buildings/premises.
This Privacy Statement contains, among other things, information about the personal data collected by Meyland, and about the way in which Meyland uses and processes these personal data.
Meyland wishes to emphasise that it will at all times endeavour to act in accordance with the “Privacy Legislation”, being (i) the Belgian Privacy Act of 30 July 2018 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, (ii) EU Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC and/or (or “GDPR“); or (iii) the (future) Belgian legislation implementing the aforementioned Regulation.
Visiting the Website, purchasing our products or engaging in any kind of communication with Meyland implies your explicit approval (by means of disclosure of your personal data or opt-in) of the Privacy Statement and thus of the way in which Meyland collects, uses and processes your personal data.
Please read this Privacy Statement in conjunction with the Meyland Cookie Statement .
I. Types of personal data
Meyland may collect and process the following personal data:
- First Name
- Email address
- Telephone number (landline and/or mobile)
- Home address
- Customer number
- Social media (e.g. LinkedIn)
- Company name
- Company data
- Billing address
- Communication preference
- Data included in contact forms
- Camera images
- Voluntarily communicated personal data
Meyland also automatically collects anonymous information regarding the use you make of the Website. Meyland will, for example, automatically log which parts of the Website you visit, which web browser you use and which website you visited when you accessed the Website. We cannot identify you on the basis of this data, but it allows Meyland to compile statistics on the use of the Website. For more information on this, Meyland refers to its Cookie Statement.
II. Method of collecting personal data
These personal data are collected at or in the context of:
- Visits to the Website
- Visits to our premises
- Requesting a quotation
- Your cooperation with Meyland
- A purchase of our products
- Exchange of business cards
- Communication with and from Meyland
- Filling in the contact form
- Camera surveillance of buildings/premises
- The verification of your identity
The personal data collected by Meyland are thus expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
The provision of certain personal data is (sometimes) a prerequisite in order to benefit from certain services (e.g. for the provision of our services and products, for accessing certain parts of the Website). This indicates which data are mandatory and which are optional.
III. Use of personal data
Meyland kan gebruik maken van uw persoonsgegevens voor volgende doeleinden:
- The execution of an agreement with Meyland (including follow-up)
- Drawing up an offer (and sending it)
- Communication with Meyland and scheduling of meetings (including follow-up)
- Answering questions (whether or not submitted via contact form) and/or providing assistance
- Optimising the quality, the management and content of the Website
- Sending you marketing materials, updates and promotional offers based on your communication preference and – if applicable – based on your explicit consent (and on your explicit request)
- Monitoring of our buildings and branches (including registration of visitors and camera surveillance)
- Statistical purposes
Processing is carried out on the following legal grounds, as appropriate:
- You have consented to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- The processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with Meyland or to take action at your request prior to the conclusion of a contract
- The processing is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation to which Meyland is subject.
- The processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- The processing is necessary for the protection of the legitimate interests of Meyland or of a third party (e.g. for the defence of our legal interests), except when your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data outweigh those interests (in particular when you are a minor)
IV. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Meyland will not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless this is necessary for the execution of the agreement and the optimisation thereof (such as, but not limited to: delivering ordered products, processing payments, database management etc.). In this context, your personal data may be disclosed to (non-exhaustively) software suppliers, cloud partner/cloud service partner (e.g. Office 365), transport partners, data centres, external IT consultants, financial institutions, insurance companies, service providers, etc.
Meyland undertakes in any case to enter into a data processing agreement with these third parties, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy conformity of your personal data.
Without prejudice to the above, Meyland may disclose your personal data:
- To the competent authorities (i) when Meyland is obliged to do so by law or in the context of legal or future legal proceedings and (ii) in order to safeguard and defend the rights of Meyland.
- When Meyland or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your personal data collected by Meyland will be one of the transferred assets.
In all other cases, Meyland will not sell, rent out or pass on your personal details to third parties, unless (i) it has obtained your permission and (ii) it has entered into a data processing agreement with the third party in question, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy-compliant treatment of your personal details.
V. Cross-border processing of personal data
In principle, Meyland will not store your personal data outside of, nor pass it on to, third parties established outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). If a transfer of personal data outside the EEA is nevertheless made to a recipient who has its residence or registered office in a country that is not covered by an adequacy decision issued by the European Commission, Meyland will ensure that it is governed by one or more appropriate safeguards (as approved by the EU):
- Entering into a data transfer agreement with the addressee, which will contain the standard contractual clauses as stipulated in the ‘Implementing decision of the European Commission of 4 June 2021 (Decision 2021/914)’; and/or
- Binding corporate rules; and/or
- Certification mechanism
VI. Storage of personal data
Unless a longer retention period is required or justified (i) by law or (ii ) by compliance with another regulation, Meyland will only retain your personal data for the period necessary to achieve and fulfil the purposes as described in this Privacy Statement under ‘III. Use of personal data’.
VII. Your privacy rights
In connection with the processing of your personal data, you have the following privacy rights:
- Right to access your personal data;
- Right to rectification, completion or update of your personal data;
- Right to be forgotten (Meyland hereby informs you that certain services will no longer be accessible or can no longer be provided if you delete or have deleted certain necessary personal data);
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to transferability your personal data;
- Right of objection/opposition to the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise your privacy rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form for exercising your privacy rights and send it to Meyland by e-mail or by post.
You can exercise these rights in principle free of charge via the above-mentioned form.
VIII. Security of personal data
Meyland undertakes to take appropriate and reasonable physical, technological and organisational security measures in order to prevent (i) unauthorised or unlawful access to your personal data, as well as (ii) the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
Meyland will store all personal data it has collected in the cloud with data centres in the EU and onsite.
Notwithstanding (i) Meyland’s security policy, (ii) the inspections it carries out and (iii) the actions it takes in this regard, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. No method of transmission or transfer via the Internet or any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, so Meyland cannot guarantee absolute security in this context.
IX. Privacy Declaration Update
Meyland is entitled to update this Privacy Statement by placing a new version on the Website. Meyland will indicate the revision date at the top of the first page of this Privacy Statement. In this context, it is highly recommended to regularly consult the Website and the relevant page on which the Privacy Statement is published to ensure that you are aware of any amendments.
X. Links to other websites
The Website may contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you may be directed to another website or Internet source that may knowingly or through cookies or other technologies collect information about you. Meyland does not accept any responsibility, liability or authority to control these other websites or Internet sources, or their collection, use and dissemination of your personal data. You should check the privacy policies of these other websites and Internet resources to determine whether they comply with the Privacy Act.
XI. Contact Meyland
If you have any questions about the Privacy Statement or about the way Meyland collects, uses or processes your personal data, please contact us:
– Via e-mail: email@example.com, of
– Via post: Vaartkant 3, 9991 Adegem, België
XII. A complaint?
Should you be dissatisfied with the way in which Meyland has dealt with these questions or comments, or should you have any complaints regarding the way in which Meyland collects, uses or processes your data, you can lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (this is the Belgian Data Protection Authority or the authority of your (i) residence or (ii) place of work). You may contact the Belgian Data Protection Authority by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or any other email address provided by the Belgian Data Protection Authority (https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/).